30-Jul-2017 -- This is the 4th out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E and continues from 61°N 26°E.
We parked our car at a distance of 122 m at a beautiful place with large boulders all over the place. The sun was out and the forests were in a beautiful light. From the road, we climbed down to cross a little valley. Unfortunately, the valley bottom turned out to be a swamp, such that we got wet shoes for the third time this day.
The confluence is located in a thin spruce forest with the ground covered entirely with grass. There are scattered moss-overgrown boulders of different sizes.
As one can tell from the visit in 2002, the forest and undergrowth had been much denser 15 years ago. Our visit is actually the first successful visit to this confluence point. According to the picture requirements, a single picture of the confluence is not sufficient.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 122 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 6 min
- Time at the CP: 8:48 AM
- Measured height: 172 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: spruce forest, grass moss
- Weather: sunny, 22° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Sunny Moss-Boulder Confluence
The story continues at 62°N 25°E.