14-Aug-2016 -- This is the third out of four reports reaching confluence points in Croatia, Austria, and Hungary. The story starts from 46°N 16°E and continues from 47°N 16°E.
This day I would reach 3 confluence points by bicycle: I started in the morning from 47°N 16°E and after visiting this confluence, I would still be able to reach 47°N 18°E.
After a calorie-rich breakfast at Pension “Grundel”, I hit the road towards the border to Hungary. Without mayor breaks, I reached the confluence area before noon time. The nearby village is called Bérbaltavár. From there, the road to Sümeg comes as close as 1.8 km to the confluence. On agricultural tracks I was able to reach the 210 m circle around the confluence. Since the field where the confluence is located had just been harvested, it was no problem to locate the precise location. Due to the size of the field, there are not many features in the pictures of the cardinal directions.
After visiting the confluence I realized how hungry I was. I made it to the town Sümeg where I had a big lunch.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 1.8 km
- Distance to a track: 210 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 210 m
- Time to reach the CP from bicycle parking: 2 minutes
- Time at the CP: 11:45 PM
- Measured height: 164 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 2 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: nothing since field had been harvested, nearby forests
- Weather: sunny, 32° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Huge Hot Harvested Field Confluence
The story finishes at 47°N 18°E.