09-Jun-2018 -- This is the 8th out of 12 reports reaching confluence points in Poland. The story starts at 52°N 21°E and continues from 53°N 20°E.
After 75 minutes driving time, we had reached the confluence location coming from the neighbouring confluence in the west. We parked our vehicle in 100 m distance, but had to circumvent a wheat field to reach the confluence. This way, we came through a pine forest. Just 20 m from the confluence we encountered piles of garbage - as far as I can tell consisting of auto parts.
Reaching the confluence was simple, because it is located right at the edge of a wheat field. We could document the confluence exactly at the zero point without the need to step into the field.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 100 m
- Driving time from the last CP: 1 hour 15 min
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 10 min
- Time at the CP: 3:17 PM
- Measured height: 109 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 2 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: edge of a grain field, pine forest nearby
- Weather: clear sky, 27° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Garbage Confluence
The story continues at 54°N 21°E.