09-Jun-2018 -- This is the 9th out of 12 reports reaching confluence points in Poland. The story starts at 52°N 21°E and continues from 53°N 21°E.
After 2 hours driving time, we had reached the confluence location coming from the neighbouring confluence in the south. The confluence is located at the edge of the little town Kolno - behind a farm on a wheat field.
We parked our car at the end of the road near the farm in 130 m distance. On our walk we passed two huge silos. We came up to a distance of 29 m and were then stopped by a wheat field that we couldn’t enter without damaging the crops. So we documented the confluence at the edge of the field. This would be the only confluence out of 12 that we could not zero out.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 130 m
- Driving time from the last CP: 2 hours
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 5 min
- Time at the CP: 5:24 PM
- Measured height: 123 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 29 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: 29 m into a grain field
- Weather: clear sky, 25° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Huge Silos Confluence
The story continues at 54°N 20°E.