20-May-2001 -- After a successful visit to N61 E28 we were happy to be in the car again, not outside getting ourselves wet in the rain.
The route between the locations was beautiful with small lakes, rivers, rapids and a small dam. Yes, we had our hopes high to find something "special" at the spot.
A very small country road in the forest took us less than 100 meters from the spot. We parked the car next to a farm field (again again) and walked to spot. To our amazement it was in the forest, but sorry to say very close to the field. The was something special allright; a huge ant hill! Okay, not huge, but of comfortable size. The confluence spot is right on the ant highway.
About 10% of Finland is covered with water and of the remaining 90% approximately 70% is forest. The rest seems to be farm fields!
Our team of confluence hunters is grateful to the following supporters for providing us with the vital equipment: Tommi "Tonni" Valkama (GPS-receiver) and Simo "Simppa" Ruotsalainen (Digital camera).