The story starts from 50N 11E.
This is the second visit out of a 10-confluence-hunt along the 50 degree latitude line. The special purpose of that trip was to visit as many confluence points as possible within one day.
Coming from 50N 11E we took the 'Autobahn' A7 towards Schweinfurt and then the 'Bundestrasse' B26A towards Arnstein. We passed the confluence by only 50m on the B26A, but in order to leave the road we had to continue almost one kilometre and then come back on a track. We parked at the confluence monument and walked to the exact spot easily. We made the trip from CP to CP in just one hour. Roads and streets were completely empty at that time of the day - additionally, it was a holiday in Germany.
CP visit details:
- Time at the CP: 6:30 a.m.
- Driving time to get to the CP: 60 minutes
- Driving distance: 94 km
- Distance of car parking: 231 m
- Distance to a track: 231 m
- Distance to a road: 250 m
- Distance to houses: 2000 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0.45 m
- Position accuracy at the CP: 4 m
- GPS height: 286 m
- Vegetation: Wheat field all around, nearby a raps field, in 200m a forest.
- Weather: overcast, 8° C (felt temperature)
- Specialities: Two wind generator towers and an overhead power line nearby. The grass was wet and so were we.
- Description of the CP: In the eastern part of the Spessart, no villages nearby. Farmland and forests. To the west a far view to roling hills.
- Given Name: The Heavy Monument Confluence
Story continues at 50N 9E.