W
NW
N
N
NE
W
the Degree Confluence Project
E
SW
S
S
SE
E

Russia : Orenburgskaya oblast'

1.9 km (1.2 miles) S of Devyatayevka, Orenburgskaya oblast', Russia
Approx. altitude: 205 m (672 ft)
([?] maps: Google MapQuest Multimap world confnav)
Antipode: 52°S 126°W

Accuracy: 5 m (16 ft)
Click on any of the images for the full-sized picture.

#2: North view #3: East view #4: South view #5: West view #6: GPS reading #7: Hunters #8: St. Nicholas Cloister #9: Saint Caves

  { Main | Search | Countries | Information | Member Page | Random }

  52°N 54°E  

#1: CP 52N 54E

(visited by Aleksandr Mashnikov and Natalia Mashnikova)

English

26-Авг-2009 – После посещения 52°N 52°E мы направились к точке 52°N 54°E. Надеялись отснять её в тот же день, 25 августа. К селу Покровка подъехали вечером, до захода оставалось около часа. Свернули на грейдер к селу Александровка. Справа остались строения монастыря. От Александровки движемся по полевым дорогам, с использованием навигатора на юго-восток. Быстро темнеет. Не доезжая до точки 600 м, встаём на ночёвку. Съёмки отложили до утра – темно.

Местность в этом районе пересечённая, от села до точки набрали около 200 м по высоте. Высота холмов иногда превышает 300 м. Сказывается близость Урала.

Точка расположена в Оренбургской области, в 5,6 км северо-восточнее села Платовка. Села Девятаевка в настоящее время не существует. Можно доехать по трассе Самара–Оренбург до поворота на Покровку и далее по указателю «Святые пещеры» на Александровку. Оттуда по полевым дорогам на юго-восток к месту слияния.

Утром сделав необходимые фото, спускаемся к Покровке, что бы осмотреть Свято-Никольскую обитель «Святые пещеры».

История Святых Пещер началась в 1896 году, когда на правом высоком берегу реки Самары у села Покровка поселился Захарий Карцев. Он начал с благоустройства родника, впоследствии освященного и отмеченного многими исцелениями. Одинокий отшельник жил в выкопанной им пещере в посте и молитвах. Потянулись к нему люди, ищущие спасения и подвига. Трудами приходящих крестьян и братии пройдено около 256 м пещерного хода: узкий, шириной 0,7 м, коридор, вёл в подземную церковь и келии. В 1913 скит становится Николаевским самостоятельным мужским монастырем. В 1925 храм закрыли, сняв колокольню и купола с крестами, устроили в нем школьный спортивный зал. Монастырь прекратил своё существование, входы в пещеры были взорваны, обитатели храма расстреляны. В 1995 году Покровский храм был восстановлен и освящен. В нем возобновились богослужения. В 2002 году, после долгих поисков, вход в Святые Пещеры был найден. Под горой снова забил святой Никольский родник. В последнее время село Покровка Новосергиевского района Оренбургской области стало широко известно под названием «Святые Пещеры», и сюда стекаются паломники.

Отобедав в трапезной Свято-Никольской обители, продолжаем движение по нашему маршруту к точке конфлюенции 51°N 56°E.

English

26-Aug-2009 – After the visit to 52°N 52°E we set off to the confluence 52°N 54°E. We hoped to reach it that day, August 25. We have driven up to Pokrovka village in the evening. We had one hour before sunset. We turned onto an earth road towards Aleksandrovka settlement. Buildings of the cloister remained on the right side. From Aleksandrovka we moved onto field roads to southeast, guided by GPS-navigator. It was quickly getting dark. We stopped for an overnight stay in 600 m before confluence. We postponed the visit to the next morning because it was dark.

The terrain in this region is rough. From the settlement to the confluence we ascended on 200 m. The height of surrounding hills sometimes exceeds 300 m. This is affected by the vicinity Ural mountains.

The confluence is located in Orenburg region, in 5.6 km northeast of Platovka village. Devyataevka village does not exist now. One may get there by the route Samara–Orenburg up to the turn to Pokrovka, and hereinafter following the road sign to “Saint caves” towards Aleksandrovka. From there one can reach the confluence by field roads to southeast.

In the morning we made necessary photographs. Then we walked down to Pokrovka settlement to sight Saint-Nicholas cloister “Saint caves”.

Saint Caves history has an origin in 1896 when Zachary Kartzev settled on the high bank of Samara River near Pokrovka village. He began with arrangement of the spring which was consecrated and known as the healing one. He lived lonely in the cave keeping fast and offering up prayers. People seeking for saving and deeds strove for him. Efforts of coming peasants and brethren expanded the whole cave's passage for about 256 m, a narrow (0.7 m wide) corridor led to underground church and monastic cells. In 1913 this hermitage was granted status of the St. Nicholas Monastery. In 1925 the church was closed. The belfry and the domes with the crosses were taken down, and the building was used as a sports hall. Caves entries were exploded, inhabitants of the temple were executed by shooting. In 1939 the spring near the hill was filled up with detritus. In 1995 the Pokrovsky [Intercession] church was restored and consecrated. Public liturgy was resumed. In 2002 the St. Caves entrance was found after long searching. The St. Nicholas healing spring runs again. Recently the village Pokrovka of Novosergievskiy district, Orenburg region, became well-known as "Saint Caves" and attracted a lot of pilgrims.

We had lunch in the cloister's refectory. And after that we continued our route to the following confluence 51°N 56°E.


 All pictures
#1: CP 52N 54E
#2: North view
#3: East view
#4: South view
#5: West view
#6: GPS reading
#7: Hunters
#8: St. Nicholas Cloister
#9: Saint Caves
ALL: All pictures on one page (broadband access recommended)