20-Jul-2012 -- Following 36°N 111°E, this is the last of five CP visits during my stay in China, which starts at 37°N 110°E.
After the succesful visit this morning we decided to visit this CP because it was only 4-5 km from the G5 highway to Taiyuan.
We left the highway and followed a truck on a sand road which seemed to go near to the CP. We drove through a small village and could park the car near a hill, where people were getting sand away. Trees are gone.
Yan Lei walked with me on a path uphill. Priest Zhan stayed in the car. We met a farmer and found the CP easily. We also noticed a paved road which could have brought us to the CP more easily but we would not have liked to miss the climbing and the nice views.
Going back to the car we saw priest Zhan studying his Bible a few meters from the car. When we met him, he said some dogs came to him. The dogs were not hostile.
- Nearest street/highway:G5
- Distance from road: 442 m.
- Time start walking: 04:11 P.M.
- Arrival at CP: 04:35 P.M.
- Weather: cloudy
- Temperature: 30°C
- Area: Jiexi District
- Plants on CP: walnut tree, agricultural area
- Nearest Unesco World Heritage Site: Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Interesting facts/experiences: - Unfortunately hit a pigeon with the car.