29-Apr-2013 -- Visiting family in the Netherlands and Germany provided a good opportunity to visit a couple confluence points as well: 52N 5E,52N 8E (This CP) and 52N 10E.
Driving from Peine, Germany, to Schiphol airport, Netherlands, we had ample time to catch our plane and thus made a long(-er) detour to visit this confluence. The CP is right next to a road (only some 20 m), making it easy accessible. Just park the car along the road and hop into the field. The CP is located in a Spargel (Asparagus) field, which means there's also ample space to walk without endangering the crop.
The weather, specifically the strong cold wind and not wearing a jacket, made this a bit unpleasant experience. And also meant we hurried through taking pictures and writing down the visiting information, without really taking time to appreciate the landscape. However, from the warmth of the car, looking around there isn't much to get really excited about: agricultural fields, the odd farm, and trees.
We knew there should be a marker nearby, which we visited next (at 51°59.915'N 7°59.879'E). Hereafter, we continued our journey and managed to be on time for our flight.
- Date/Time of visit: 29 April 2013, 12:18
- GPS Devices: Garmin Oregon 450/Garmin etrex vista HCx
- GPS Latitude: N 52 00.000 (Oregon) / N 52 00.002 (etrex
- GPS Longitude: E008 00.000 (Oregon) / E008 00.000 (etrex
- GPS accuracy: ±2 m (Oregon) / ±3 m (etrex)
- GPS Altitude: 58 m (Oregon) / 64 m (etrex) [Altitude according to Google Earth is ± 62 m]
- Minimal distance: ±0 m
- Distance to nearest road: ±20 m, direction West
- Road name: Gröblingen (?)
- Nearest village: Sassenberg, Kreis Warendorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Deutschland
- Visible Terrain/Area: Agricultural, slightly hilly
- Weather: Overcast with strong wind; ±12 °C
- Description of the CP: In a asparagus field
- CP Name: (none as far as we know)
- Means of transport: Car (rental)