03-Sep-2016 -- This is the 4th out of seven reports reaching confluence points in western France. The story starts from 48°N 4°W and continues from 48°N 2°W.
On the second day of my trip, I started cycling with the first daylight in Guichen, which is about 60 km from the confluence.
When I reached the confluence shortly before 11 AM, it was already very hot and I had to make a stop to drink water every half hour. I accessed the confluence from the county road D142 from the nearby village
Beaulieu-sur-Oudon. I followed the track named “Le Bourg” for a couple of 100 m until it petered out. At a distance of 220 m, I abandoned my bicycle at the edge of an agricultural field and continued on foot between two different fields. The nearest I could approach the confluence without stepping into the crops was 63 m. At this distance, I documented the confluence point. In order to get all the zeros I should come in winter again.
I continued my journey to the east. The next city I passed through was Laval.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 700 m
- Distance to a track: 250 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 220 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 10 minutes
- Time at the CP: 10:53 AM
- Measured height: 107 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 63 m
- Position accuracy: 2 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: flowers, nearby corn
- Weather: sunny, 32° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Hot Fieldwalk Confluence
The story continues at 48°N 0°EW.