23-Jun-2020 -- This report is the second out of eight reports reaching confluence points during a 5-day bicycle trip (901 km) from Tallinn to Riga. The story continues from 59°N 26°E.
In the evening of confluence day, I reached this remote confluence point, which is located near Lake Peipus and also near the Russian border. A dead ending gravel track comes within 130 m to the confluence point. Although the area has a very low population density with forests all around, the confluence point itself is just 5 m in front of a little house out of an arrangement of three houses.
I parked my bicycle at the roadside at 130 m distance and walked towards the confluence. I considered taking the official access road and asking for permission to visit the exact coordinates. But imagining the problems that arise with the language barrier, it would be rather troublesome and might end up losing the point at all. I was able to walk across a wild meadow up to a distance of 57 m without being detected by dogs or humans. I took the images from this distance and felt that it was not necessary to bother the folks anymore.
After the confluence visit I continued cycling to Lake Peipus and camped at the lake shore.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 130 m
- Distance to a track: 130 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 130 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 3 min
- Time at the confluence: 6:21 PM
- Measured height: 45 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 57 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: meadow, scattered pine trees.
- Weather: sunny, 28° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Remote Housing Confluence
The story continues at 58°N 27°E.