08-Aug-2020 -- This is the sixth out of 7 reports on a one-week bicycle trip (1100 km) from Riga to Warsaw. The story starts from 56°N 25°E and continues from 53°N 23°E.
I had spent the night camping out at a little field near the village Konopki-Jabłoń, 17 km east of this confluence point.
However, to reach the confluence point, I had to cross a huge forest. This is normally very pleasant for me, but in this case, the deep sand on the forest track slowed me down. I even had to push my bike, because cycling was not possible. After two hours of hard work I parked my bicycle at a distance of 30 m between to fields. To reach the confluence point, I simply had to walk these 30 m across a stubble field.
After visiting the confluence I continued southwards and visited the German concentration camp Treblinka along the way. I spent the night camping out at a little lake near the village Klodzie, about 100 km south of this confluence point.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 800 m
- Distance to a track: 300 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 30 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 8 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 7:43 AM
- Measured height: 119 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: stubbles of wheat.
- Weather: sunny, 24° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Stubble Field III Confluence
The story finishes at 52°N 22°E.