For items 1 and 2, confluence visitor(s) and items belonging to them are not
allowed in the photos. The photos must be single-view shots (no montages),
however panoramic photos are allowed.
Movies and audio files may also be submitted.
- One (1) picture OF the general area of the confluence, taken within 100
meters of the confluence.
- Four (4) pictures FROM the confluence, taken in the four cardinal compass
directions (north, south, east, west), or one or more panoramic views FROM
- One (1) GPS photo (if a GPS was used) taken at the same location as the
other photos. The photo must show the WGS84 position, and if your GPS allows
for it, the altitude, reported error, and date/time.
- A maximum of four (4) additional photos may be submitted, which have no
NOTE: The minimum requirements should not be used as a guideline for taking
photos of the confluence - they exist to allow for cases such as when some
photos fail to turn out.
- Two (2) pictures OF or FROM the confluence, taken within 100 meters of
- Confluence visitor(s) and items belonging to them are not allowed in
- These photos must be single-view shots (no montages), however panoramic
photos are allowed.
Unless you possess an advanced GPS, you typically can't achieve better than around
5 meter accuracy, so pinpointing the confluence spot with personal items is not very
meaningful, and introduces elements that are not normally at the confluence.
Try to have your pictures give the same impression you got when you were there.
It is optional to take a picture of the GPS reading the confluence location.
Taking a picture of the GPS may be easier if you place it on the ground.
We prefer you do not annotate the photos of the confluence, including date/time
Please read our Copyrights/Permissions section
and Photo Requirements section.