30-Jul-2017 -- This is the 6th out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E and continues from 62°N 25°E.
We parked our car at a distance of 412 m at the edge between a forest and an agricultural field. We could have approached the confluence a bit further, but I preferred to walk along the field and then enter the forest which was partially quite dense with young pine trees.
The confluence is located in a pine forest. The ground is covered with cranberries and grass.
This point is another good example for changes: you can see how the open space with little pine trees from the year 2001 has undergone changes. The young pine trees that must have been planted at the end of last century have slowly grown over the years, which is evident from the visits in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2010. The flag which was set up from the first visitors seems now to be gone (which is OK, because confluence.org discourages the signposting of confluence points).
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 412 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 10 min
- Time at the CP: 12:22 PM
- Measured height: 124 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: pine, spruce and birch forest, green ground cover with cranberries and grass
- Weather: sunny, 25° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Growing Pine Confluence
The story continues at 62°N 23°E.