02-Jan-2021 -- This is the seventh out of 8 confluence reports on our 11-day trip through the western part of South Africa. The story starts at 33°S 19°E and continues from 31°S 25°E.
On confluence day, we started in Zuuberg. On our way to this confluence, we drove through the Addo Elephant Park. One elephant came frightening close to us. But luckily, he didn’t sit down on our car and so we are now able to report one more confluence visit.
The confluence is located in the huge area of Tsitsikamma National Park, but in a cultivated part about 2 km straight line from the main highway 2. It can be easily reached on a minor road. The exact location is 200 m from that road on an unfenced hill with lush green grass.
After the visit we spent the night nearby in Stormsrivier village to go hiking in Tsitsikamma Park the next day.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 200 m
- Distance to a track: 200 m
- Distance of car parking: 200 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 3 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 4:36 PM
- Measured height: 212 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 1 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: on a little hill, mountains in the vicinity
- Vegetation: lush grass
- Weather: sunny, 23° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Lush Hill Confluence
The story finishes at 34°S 23°E.