10-May-2014 -- Coming from Santa Marta, Colombia with a cargo of 18,000 tons of steam coal for the Port of Pointe-à-Pitre, and during approaching the Canal des Saintes, between the Island of Guadeloupe and the small group of islets, known as Les Saintes.
Once entered into the Canal des Saintes, we passed the beautiful lighthouse of Pointe du Vieux Port standing on the SW corner of Guadeloupe.
Guadeloupe belongs to the French Antilles. In 1493 the island was visited by Columbus. Since 1635 it is, except for short deviations, under French control.