18-Dec-2019 -- This is the 11th out of 21 successful revisits and 2 unsuccessful attempts on unvisited confluences in Saudi Arabia. The story starts at 28°N 48°E and continues from 27°N 38°E.
Going southwards on road 328 and after passing the village Masader, we turned in 3 km distance towards the confluence point. About 1 km later, we decided that the track was too rough for our car and parked it on the side. As usual, I ran to the confluence point. The stony terrain was relatively flat. Only at the final leg I had to ascend a bit. If the confluence hat been a little further into the mountains, its visit wouldn’t have been so straightforward.
Everything was very smooth so far. But when I reached the car on my return, I noticed that a Bedouin was arguing with Elionora. I quickly approached them to find out what was going on. The Bedouin was unclear about our purpose. Of course, she could not explain in Arabic our true purpose. But me neither. All we could do was trying to calm him down. Obviously we were not successful, because after we drove off, he followed us closely. However, we kept driving normal speed until we reached the main road. There, he made an U-turn and we continued our trip.
After the visit, we continued towards the coastal town Yanbu. On our route, we saw many spectacular rocks.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 3000 m
- Distance to a track: 2000 m (it would be possible to drive much closer with a suitable car)
- Distance of car parking: 2000 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the car: 15 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 12:04 PM
- Measured height: 555 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: mountainous, on the bottom of a mountain
- Vegetation: none
- Weather: sunny, 20° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Bedouin Chase Confluence
The story continues at 25°N 38°E.
More pictures of the trip can be found here.