07-Mar-2022 -- This is the 2nd out of 3 confluence visits during our trip to Tunisia. The story starts from 35°N 10°E.
On our way to the second confluence that day, we passed the city of Kairouan. We then continued northwards on national road P3 until we reached a distance of 3 km to the confluence.
We followed various gravel tracks, but then decided to park in 2 km distance, despite of the possibility to drive closer. The tracks were rough for the car and progress not much faster than walking.
A thunderstorm was about to come, but we continued walking with brisk speed. The last 200 m we ascended cross-country towards the top of a hill on rocky ground. Luckily, the rain hadn’t started yet.
We found the confluence on a hill with scattered pine trees and a bare ground cover with little rocks. From the confluence, there is a great view into the western flat plains.
We walked the same way back and had our late lunch in the car: leftovers from yesterday’s dinner – grilled seafood assortment with noodles.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to the main road: 3 km
- Distance to a track: 300 m
- Distance to parking: 2000 m
- Time to reach the CP from the car: 30 minutes
- Time at the CP: 3:05 PM
- Measured height: 171 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 5 m
- Topography: hilly
- Vegetation: small pine trees
- Weather: appearing thunderstorm, 13° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Leftover Barbecue Fish Confluence
The story finishes at 37°N 10°E.