30-Jul-2017 -- This is the second out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E.
We parked our car at a remaining distance of 106 m. Walking was over an open meadow. The grass was covered with dew such that our shoes once more became totally wet.
The confluence has undergone huge changes: it is now on an open space covered with sand. Only a view flowers and some tiny birch trees grow here.
Back in 2001 the confluence point must have been in deep forest. Vladimir and Maxim, who were the last visitors of this point in 2006, stood at the forest edge when they visited the confluence point. Now, the site is used to store (or dump?) concrete rings for huge pipes or drainage systems. There are also some logs, a machine for cutting wood as well as a pile of already cut wood. As we will see, this would not be the last point on our day-trip that we found entirely changed.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 106 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 2 min
- Time at the CP: 5:48 AM
- Measured height: 112 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: blue flowers, scattered grass, young birch
- Weather: mostly clear, 15° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Concrete Ring Confluence
The story continues at 61°N 26°E.