13-Mar-2021 -- On 24th December 2020 we began our stay in South Africa. We are actually not on holidays here, we are working nomads equipped with laptops. Thanks to the fear of Covid-19, our offices in Switzerland are closed and we have the freedom to work from anywhere. After spending almost two months in Camps Bay (10 km south of Cape Town), we decided to get familiar with other areas in South Africa.
This particular weekend we relocated from Durban to Underberg. This nice “Hyper-Confluence” was exactly on our route. This visit was my 11th Hyper-Confluence – which is one of those rare species of confluences with two additional zeros.
The confluence is in a mountainous area, but only 50 m from a public gravel road and therefore easy to visits – it is a “drive-in” as I call those confluences where you can get within 100 m by car. We found a good spot for parking in 150 m distance and walked up to a distance of 40 m on a forest track. We found the confluence point in a forest with young eucalyptus trees, aligned orderly in rows. There is a little cairn at the confluence.
We continued our relaxed drive towards the little town Underberg, where we are going to stay for the next week.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 50 m
- Distance to a track: 40 m
- Distance of car parking: 150 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the car: 3 min
- Time at the confluence: 10:1209 AM
- Measured height: 1307 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 23 m
- Topography: mountainous – but not rugged mountains
- Weather: sunny, 24° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Easy Hperconfluence Confluence