30-Jul-2017 -- This is the 12th out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E and continues from 63°N 25°E.
After a drive of one hour from 63°N 25°E, we reached the end of an access road to the shores of Lake Keitele. The remaining distance to the confluence was 130 m, which we were able to cover partially on a forest track.
We found the confluence point in a pine forest with a blueberry and cowberry groundcover. The confluence was marked by a huge boulder, covered with moss and lichen.
After the confluence visit, we went down to the shore of Lake Keitele, which was in just 30 m distance. Without knowing, we took exactly the same picture of the lake as the previous visitors. This confluence had not been visited for 15 years.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 130 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 3 min
- Time at the CP: 8:39 PM
- Measured height: 106 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: hilly, at a slope down to the lake
- Vegetation: pine forest, blueberries, cowberries.
- Weather: clear, 17° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Lake Slope Confluence
The story finishes at 63°N 27°E.