10-Aug-2016 -- Last CP is 48°N 7°E.
During our stay in the old city of Lille, I decided to visit this confluence point. It was some kilometers away from "de dodengang", a World War I monument (near Diksmuide), which I visited first. After that I hit the road and visited the confluence point, which was quite easy to find. There is even a sign on a house indicating the confluence point.
- Nearest main street/highway: N36
- Distance from road: approx. 23 meter
- Time start walking: -
- Arrival at CP 100 meter zone: around 04:00 p.m.
- Weather: cloudy
- Temperature: around 20°C
- Nearest Unesco World Heritage Site: Notre-Dame Cathedral in Tournai
- Interesting facts/experiences: house with sign of confluence point, you can visit World War I monuments, like "de dodengang". There is a very interesting museum about WWI in Yper.
Next CP is 51°N 4°E.