30-Jul-2017 -- This is the 10th out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E and continues from 63°N 23°E.
Our navigation system guided us over tiny, adventurous forest tracks up to a distance of 458 m. Unfortunately, it was raining cats and dogs such that we got totally wet on our hike. Like most previous visitors, we crossed the huge powerline.
When we reached the Confluence, we were surprised to find this Confluence – as many others on our trip - changed completely: The forest consisting of birch and pine that all previous visitors found around the confluence point, is now gone. The humpy ground is covered with the pure forest soil. The recently cut birch trunks are piled nearby. The whole scene appeared ugly and sad to us.
Suddenly the sun came out (while it was still raining) and when we passed the powerline again, we saw a nice rainbow.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 458 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 10 min
- Time at the CP: 5:53 PM
- Measured height: 114 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: nothing anymore.
- Weather: rain and sun, 17° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Lumbered Forest and Rainbow Confluence
The story continues at 63°N 25°E.