30-Jul-2017 -- This is the 9th out of 13 reports reaching confluence points in Finland. The story starts from 61°N 28°E and continues from 63°N 22°E.
We drove to the town Lapua and parked our car at the outskirts of the town at the end of Leipähilankuja Road at a distance of 331 m. Our parking place was at the edge between huge flat agricultural fields and a hilly forest.
The hike was slightly uphill through different types of terrain and forests.
The confluence is located in a mixed forest of pine and various species of deciduous trees. The ground was entirely covered with ripe blueberries. Some nearby rocks are entirely covered with lichen.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 331 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 8 min
- Time at the CP: 4:35 PM
- Measured height: 41 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: pine and deciduous trees, blueberries, lichen
- Weather: overcast, 22° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Stony Lichen Confluence
The story continues at 63°N 24°E.