09-Jun-2018 -- This is the second out of 12 reports reaching confluence points in Poland. The story starts from 52°N 21°E.
Our car navigation let us leave the motorway A2 at the intersection with the country road no.70. Via the village Bełchów, we reached a spot 500 m from the confluence at a minor county road. But we found a sandy track that got us within 100 m to our goal.
Not satisfied with a distance of 100 m we walked along the edge of a field and birch forest and found the exact confluence in a young pine forest. All trees had been planted exactly equidistantly along rows and lines. Since the trees had still all their side-branches up to the bottom, we had to crawl through the forest. But nevertheless, we only needed 7 minutes to reach the confluence, to do the documentation and return to the car.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 100 m
- Driving time from the last CP: 66 min
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 4 min
- Time at the CP: 5:35 AM
- Measured height: 105 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: young pine forest, agricultural field nearby
- Weather: clear sky, 20° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Young Pine Confluence
The story continues at 52°N 19°E.