29-Jun-2015 -- We visited this confluence together with Elionoras relatives during our short one-week vacation to Iceland. This confluence point is an easy catch while driving along the ring road no. 1. At a distance of about 20 km, county road no. 26 directly leads to the confluence point. Just a short stroll of 400 m across flat grassland is necessary to reach the exact location. While the area directly around the confluence is generally flat, there are mountains in some distance. The confluence has a soft groundcover, consisting of moss and short grass.
After the visit, we continued driving over a mountain road only for 4x4 vehicles, crossing 38 rivers!
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to the road: 400 m
- Walking distance: 400 m
- Distance of car parking: 400 m
- Time to reach the CP from the track: 10 minutes
- Time at the CP: 5:51 PM
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 5 m
- Topography: flat, mountains in some distance
- Vegetation: short grass, moss
- Weather: overcast, 11° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: Heping and Guohong's Confluence