29-May-2022 -- This is the first out of 3 confluence visits during a one-week trip to the USA.
Our main purpose for this trip was to attend our nephew’s wedding in Maryland. The day after the wedding we drove from Baltimore to Philadelphia for a visit of the Barnes Foundation. On our way, we made a little deviation across the big Bay Bridge to visit this confluence point.
The confluence is just 5 km off the main highway 301 on a little county road named “Little Eagle Road”, where we parked in 180 m distance from the confluence point. Walking was conveniently possible between two fields.
This confluence is located in a wild meadow. Peaceful spot. Just a little too hot to stay there for longer. I measured a hight of -39 m with my GPS receiver, which is obviously wrong by at least 50 m.
After the visit, we drove to Philadelphia to see the attractions of the city.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 180 m
- Distance to a track: 180 m
- Distance to parking: 180 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 4 minutes
- Time at the CP: 12:39 PM
- Measured height: -39 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: grass, not identified crops from previous years.
- Weather: sunny, 34° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Peaceful Underwaterlevel Fields Confluence
The story continues at 40°N 75°W.