03-May-2023 -- This is the 6th out of 9 reports reaching or attempting confluence points during a one-week bicycle trip in Northern Spain from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona. The story starts from 43°N 8°E and continues from 43°N 4°E.
While cycling eastwards, I reached this confluence point in the evening. It is located in the deep valley of Nervion River. To reach this confluence, it had to coast down about 700 m in height (and afterwards up again on the eastern side). The town Orduña is about 1.5 km from the confluence. The exact location is in a private garden, but the confluence can be approached on a meadow up to a distance of 4 m. I extrapolated that the point is currently under a Dung Heap
I continued my bicycle trip for another 2 hours and spent the night in Murgia.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 75 m
- Distance to a track: 75 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 75 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 2 min
- Time at the CP: 5:43 PM
- Measured height: 268 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 4 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat (river flats). But surrounded by mountains.
- Vegetation: lawn, stone fruit trees.
- Weather: cloudy, 24° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Dung Heap Confluence
The story continues at 43°N 2°E.