01-Mar-2014 -- On our way back to the Netherlands we visited this CP. It was the first CP we visited for only 6-8 seconds. We drove through the 100-meter zone, which is partly located on the A3, at 80 km/hour.
We did drive through the 100 meter zone a week earlier but went to fast to determine this zone, at 110 km/hour.
At home we calculated. We had about 6-8 seconds to take pictures if we would drive at about 80 km/hour and so we did. Fortunately other cars where not driving too fast at the right lane for this experiment.
We decided that my wife would take a picture of the GPS and my two daughters would take both two pictures. It was hard because the car was not steady and my daugthers took pictures with smartphones, which are not the best devices for taking pictures.
The GPS showed a distance of around 40 meters from the confluence point, when we drove through the 100-meter zone.
- Nearest main street/highway: A3 or Buchenlohweg
- Distance from road: approx. 40 m
- Time start walking: -
- Arrival at CP 100 meter zone: 18:15 p.m.
- Weather: a bit rainy
- Temperature: -
- Plants on CP: forest
- Nearest Unesco World Heritage Site: Messel Pit Fossil Site
- Interesting facts/experiences: great experiment, visiting a CP in a moving vehicle, teamwork.
Next CP is 51°N 7°E.