24-Jun-2020 -- This report is the fourth out of eight reports reaching confluence points during a 5-day bicycle trip (901 km) from Tallinn to Riga. The story starts at 59°N 26°E and continues from 58°N 27°E.
In the late evening, I had reached the confluence area. From the main road, I turned into a travel track and continued it for 3 km until it petered out. The last kilometre I rode through meter high grass.
I parked my bicycle at a distance of 450 m and continued walking through the high grass until I reached a forest. It was a bit of bush fighting for the last 200 m – particularly difficult because I was wearing shorts.
Finaly, at 10 PM I had reached the confluence point, located in a mixed forest of birch, spruce and aspen. The undergrowth has a huge fraction of stinging nettles.
After the confluence visit I camped in an open meadow about 1 km from the confluence point. Not far from the confluence point, there is the Arula Struve Arc Point.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 3 km
- Distance to a track: 1 km
- Distance of bicycle parking: 450 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 45 min
- Time at the confluence: 9:56 PM
- Measured height: 47 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: birch, spruce, aspen and stinging nettles
- Weather: sunny, 26° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The High Meadow Track Confluence
The story continues at 58°N 25°E.