03-Sep-2016 -- This is the 5th out of seven reports reaching confluence points in western France. The story starts from 48°N 4°W and continues from 48°N 1°W.
I reached this confluence in the afternoon on the second day of my trip. Although the confluence is located in the vicinity of the city Le Mans, its location is quite remote. The tiny access road is called “Les Perrais” and it loops around the confluence in about 100 m distance.
I parked my bicycle at the road and simply walked over the already harvested field. The confluence is located in the middle of that barren field. The whole field is on a high plateau with nearby views into the lowlands.
I continued my journey to the east. The little road has a lot of curves, and ups and downs. About 10 km later, I reached the town Fay. I reached Le Mans an hour later, but since I had another two hours of daylight, I continued cycling and spent the night in the town Saint-Calais, where a festival was going on.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 100 m
- Distance to a track: 100 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 100 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 30 seconds
- Time at the CP: 4:42 PM
- Measured height: 117 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 2 m
- Topography: hilly
- Vegetation: currently nothing
- Weather: sunny, 33° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Looping Around Confluence
The story continues at 48°N 1°E.