02-May-2023 -- This is the 4th out of 9 reports reaching or attempting confluence points during a one-week bicycle trip in Northern Spain from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona. The story starts from 43°N 8°W and continues from 43°N 6°W.
I spent the night in the town Riaño which is 5 km south of this confluence point. The town but also the confluence are beautifully located directly over the “Embalse de Riaño”, a huge artificial lake.
It was a misty morning when I followed the road along the lake northwards. I parked my bicycle at a distance of 168 m from the confluence. Even though I could have come closer, I decided to start from there, because I saw a meadow that I could easier ascend compared through the thickets around it.
After a short climb of about 10 minutes, I reached the confluence point with a great view to the lake. It would have been even greater without the morning fog. The point itself is located in dense bushes of about 2 m in hight.
After the visit I continued my bicycle trip eastwards and reached the town Rhinosa in the evening.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: ca. 100 m
- Distance to a track: 100 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 168 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 10 min
- Time at the CP: 7:48 AM
- Measured height: 1156 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: mountainous, on a steep grade.
- Vegetation: bushes, grass, moss.
- Weather: foggy, 14° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Foggy Lake Confluence
The story continues at 43°N 4°W.