18-Jul-2022 -- The story continues from 69°N 19°E.
I visited the confluence the day after finishing our hike from Zurich, Switzerland to the North Cape. We had spent the night in Honningsvåg
, which is the biggest town in the area and only 2 km straight line from the confluence point.
It took me 50 minutes walking from Honningsvåg, until I reached the confluence point. First, I walked 1 km along the coast to the northern part of the town and then I followed a footpath upwards that more or less leads to the confluence point. However, there are some typical wetlands in-between, that can water your shoes.
I found the confluence in a swampy dip with grass and tiny blueberry plants between bare boulders.
A summary of the trip can be found here.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 1000 m
- Time to reach the CP: 50 minutes
- Time at the CP: 11:57 AM
- Measured height: 157 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 5 m
- Topography: hilly, located topographically on a saddle point
- Vegetation: grass, blueberry
- Weather: sunny, 22° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The North Cape Confluence
The story finishes at 70°N 19°E.