05-May-2023 -- This is the 8th out of 9 reports reaching or attempting confluence points during a one-week bicycle trip in Northern Spain from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona. The story starts from 43°N 8°E and continues from 43°N 2°E.
In the morning I started from the town Irurtzun (about 150 km north-west of this confluence) and reached the vicinity of this point at 6:30 PM. The starting point for a visit of this point is undoubtedly the village Castejon de Valdejasa 3 km south of the confluence down at the main road. Even though 250 m in hight have to be climbed, it can be done easily on a driveable track. Only for the last 100 m I had to surrender my bicycle and walk downwards while avoiding thorny bushes.
The confluence is on dry cast with its typical Mediterranean vegetation, of various bushes and pine trees.
After the visit I found accommodation directly in the village Castejon de Valdejasa. It is a nice private home with a couple rooms called “Casa Arrieta”.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 3000 m
- Distance to a track: 100 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 100 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 40 minutes
- Time at the CP: 7:02 PM
- Measured height: 646 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 1 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: mountainous, in a valley
- Vegetation: pine trees, various bushes.
- Weather: sunny, 23° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Evening Climb Confluence
The story finishes at 42°N 0°EW.