This is the last out of 3 confluence visits during a one-week trip to the USA. The story starts from 39°N 76°W
and continues from 40°N 75°W
The last two days of our short trip to the USA we planned on spending in New York. Just across Hudson River on the New Jersey side, and not far from the state border to New York is this confluence conveniently located for tourists visiting New York.
Our navigator took us up to a distance of 300 m. A closer approach is not possible by car, because the confluence is located in a little forest. However, there is Hackensack River flowing through the forest and we were on the wrong side. Therefore, we drove around the forest and parked in 600 m distance from the confluence, but this time without the need for a river crossing. We parked in a dead end and walked along various footpaths to the confluence, which we found in deciduous forest with mainly oak and beech.
After the visit, we directly drove into downtown Manhattan. My advice: don’t bring your car into the city center! Parking your vehicle can be more costly than your hotelroom!
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 300 m
- Distance to a track: 50 m
- Distance to parking: 600 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 15 minutes
- Time at the CP: 5:23 PM
- Measured height: 13 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 5 m
- Topography: flat, some ditches
- Vegetation: oak and beech forest.
- Weather: sunny, 28° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Parking in New York Confluence
The story finishes here.